Monday, October 8, 2007

I'm not sure why we did it, really. You just get carried away at these things. I mean, they're EVERYWHERE! Oversized, seasonal squash as far as the eye can see. We were looking for maybe a forty pounder, but there weren't any. Bystanders were impressed that I was able to heft it into the wheelbarrow. Standing in line at the scale you wonder just why it is that you're doing this, but then you think, well, I've never got one that big before. So it's a first. And picking one is like picking out a Christmas tree, no two are the same, but, wait a minute, yes, they're all the same. In the end you just go with the one you're standing near when you've run out of reasons why not. It wasn't the biggest one, by the way, others were sold in the 200s, I believe. And we were nowhere near this one. So what did we do with it? Just dumped it front of the house for all in the neighborhood to gawk at. Believe me, next year's will be smaller.